Monday 30 September 2019

~*BOOK TOUR*~ Foolish Riot by Karen Renee

Title: Foolish Riot
Series: Riot MC Series
Author: Karen Renee
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: September 24, 2019

Patricka “Trixie” Baker grew up being used and abused. The night she met her “knight in a leather cut,” she dedicated herself to infiltrating his life. For ten years, all she’s wanted is to be Roll’s property more than anything. Anything. She’s a fixture in the Riot MC, but not part of the family. She never cared what anyone thought of her, but she refuses to be anyone’s fool. With determination to change, and Roll’s inability to commit, she won’t waste any more of her youth on him. 
Homer “Roll” Rolland has two secrets; one he knows will hold Trixie back and limit her life. He’s wanted her in his bed since the first time he laid eyes on her, but holding her back is the last thing he wants to do to the woman he loves. When his other secret leads to Trixie being brutally attacked by a rival MC, Roll is forced to make a decision. 
Trixie wants to be Roll’s property. Roll’s secrets hold him back from her. Will they find away to stay together?
I leaned toward him. “I’m going home. Now step back.”
He scoffed, but his was almost sexy. “You sure as hell are not. So put that bag down.”
“I am.”
“Are you looking for another attack? He fuckin’ beat my sister worse than you. She’s in the damn hospital, and since he’s accused me of doin’ it, I can’t even visit her. Ain’t no fuckin’ way you’re leavin’ this clubhouse.”
My frustration and anger were at record levels. “I have a goddamned job! I have a fuckin’ life and it won’t include bein’ your on-again off-again fuck-buddy. Not any damn more! Now step the fuck back!” I ended on a shriek.
He moved back, and I was not a step past him when he grabbed me from behind, snatched the bag out of my hand, and threw it to the ground. Then we were both down on the bed, me belly first, and Roll’s massive frame on top of me.
Oh, hell no! I began to squirm, but Roll’s thighs trapped my legs, forcing them together, and his hands forced my wrists together above my head. I turned my head to give him a nasty look from the corner of my eye, but his lips were lowered to my ear.
“You are not my fuck-buddy. Never were, and never will be. I hear you say that shit ever again, I’ll spank your bare-ass no matter where we are or when it is. Am I clear?”
I huffed.
“Am I clear, Trix?”
“Yeah,” I gritted out.
“Now, where the hell did that shit come from?”
With few options available to me, I decided to give Roll the silent treatment. It wasn’t something I resorted to very often because I tended to be a chatty chick. Plus, my temper was such that, once it was off my chest, my anger went away. 
Roll shifted and sighed. “I asked you a question, woman. Can tell you’re pissed, so tell me where that ‘fuck-buddy’ shit came from?”
I turned my head to the other side and remained silent. After another minute Roll shoved a hand beneath me and fumbled with the button to my shorts. I pressed my torso down to try and halt his progress. 
“Why are you fightin’ me, Trixie? What the fuck has you so angry?”
You! I thought it so hard, I was amazed he couldn’t hear it. 
Roll didn’t give up on my shorts and he undid them after another minute. His hand shot out from under me; one of his legs shifted so he could swiftly yank my shorts down. He was good at that, mainly because in yanking my shorts two of his fingers had hooked my panties and he pulled both garments free simultaneously. 
The cool air of the room caressed my bare buttocks, but not for long. Roll’s hand came down sharp on my left cheek and the sound was louder than I thought possible. Then the pain set in and I realized why it was so loud. 
He means business
“Talk to me, Trixie Baker. I don’t care how fuckin’ rosy I have to make these plump ass-cheeks. You’re gonna tell me what the fuck you’re in a tizzy about.”
A tizzy! If he thought this was a tizzy, he was sadly mistaken. My thoughts were cut short when he slapped my right cheek harder than he had the left. The sting was uncomfortable, but perversely, it was turning me on. I shifted on the bed and Roll’s other leg framed my legs again tighter than before.
“No way, Patricka. You’re not gonna get yourself off while giving me the silent treatment. Talk.”
My anger flared anew when he called me by my full name, but I knew that was his goal, so I wasn’t rising to the bait. 
He lifted a leg away in order to slap my left side again, and I could hear the smile in his voice. “Oughta see your creamy skin, though it’s not so creamy now. More strawberry milkshake, so spill, Patti.”
“Go to hell,” I muttered.
His chest leaned into my back, and I couldn’t stop myself from loving the feeling of him on me. “What are you pissed about?”
He was moving away from me and shifting a leg over, and his hand on my wrists was getting sweaty. I tried yanking away from his grip, but his fingers tightened just as he spanked me. I barely managed to turn my moan into a groan because that slap sent a rush of wet to my center. This was one of those delicious instances where it was so wrong it was exactly right. Neither me nor Roll was well known for being patient, and his patience was slipping, because he spanked me again. My reaction couldn’t be denied and he heard me moan.
“Fuck! Do not make me hard right now, woman. Tell me what you’re so fuckin’ angry about?” he ended with a shout.
“You,” I hollered.
“Me?” 
“Yes! You’re a goddamned liar. You don’t fucking love me. You get me where you want me and you can’t fuckin’ be bothered to sleep with me or even be here in the morning for me.”
“What are you—”
“You’re so goddamned ashamed of me and always have been. Never, but never, are you around the morning after. Nothing has changed, but I damn well have! Now get the fuck off of me.”
He let go of my wrists and I surged up to my knees. That was a mistake because I should’ve just slid off the bed, and Roll never missed an opportunity. He grabbed me under my armpits and threw me to my back on the bed.
He lowered his weight to me, putting his face in mine. “Everything has changed. I have never ever been ashamed of you.”
“Bullshit,” I hissed.
“I love you so much, I want you to get everything you want out of life. I still do, but I’m gonna be selfish enough to insist you do it with me.”
“Not happenin’,” I said with resolve. 
Pain sliced across Roll’s face and I regretted my words. 
“Why?” he whispered.
“You won’t even take me to meet your mother.”
He closed his eyes and blew out a breath. His eyes were hard when he opened them. “You ever think maybe that’s about my mother, and not you? She’s in the fuckin’ hospital, Trix. Left side of her face is slack and she doesn’t even like that Ray and I are seein’ her that way. You really think she wants to meet my woman lookin’ like that? And in a hospital gown to boot? Fuck, no. I’m not doin’ that to her.”
“But I wouldn’t care ab—”
“She. Would.” He punctuated this declaration with a head nod after each word.
Karen Renee is the author of the Riot MC Series. She has wanted to be a writer from a very early age, and she’s finally bringing that dream to life. She has worked in advertising, banking, and local television media research. She is a proud wife and mother, and a Jacksonville native. When she’s not at the soccer field or cooking, you can find her at her local library, the grocery store, in her car jamming out to some tunes, or hibernating while she writes and/or reads books.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment